The verb to be + past participle.
Present simple: Goods worse £750 million are stolen from shops each year.
Present continuous: A man is being questioned in connection with the robbery.
Present perfect: Photos of the suspects has been put up around the town.
Past simple: He was taken away in a van.
Past continuous: The burglar didn't realize he was being filmed.
Past perfect: Two people had been mugged there on the previous day.
Future simple: All football supporters will be searched at the airport.
Infinitive: He is hoping to be released from prison next week.
Gerund: I can't even remember being hit on the head.
Modal verbs: He should be sentenced to life imprisonment.
The passive is used to focus attention on the person or tiring affected by the action, rather than on the agent (the 'doer' of the action).
lf we are interested in the agent, we use the preposition by:
Sue and Mark were brought up by their grandparents.
When we talk about the instrument used by the agent to do the action, we use the preposition with:
He was hit on the head with a vase.
1 it is clear from the context who the agent is.
Colin was arrested for dangerous driving. (by the police)
2 we don't know who the agent is or was.
My car was stolen yesterday afternoon.
3 when the agent is not important,
Stamps are often sold in supermarkets in England.
4 The passive is also used in formal notices:
Food may not be consumed on the premises.
The infinitive can be used after the passive of verbs such as: believe, consider, expect, know, say, think
The President is expected to arrive at 9.30 am.
The perfect infinitive (have + past participle) is used to refer to the past.
15 people are known to have died in the accident.
برای دسترسی به دروس بیشتر به لینک زیر مراجعه کنید.
Fill in the spaces with active-passive structures. (Tense + passive / modal + passive)
1. The accounts of this company (check)regularly twice a month by a strict tax expert.
2. We have to appoint someone to the exports branch, and this (do,should) as soon as possible.
3. Admittedly, little progress (make) in grammar till now, but by the middle of the next year all of the grammar points (deal) with.
4. No one can find an explanation over why Mr. Ertas (kill)last Monday.
5. The fridge isn't working. It (damage,must) during our move.
6. We were late for the conference. I think that we (inform,should) well in advance.
7. The tyres are quite muddy, and you can't drive a meeting like that. You (clean,must) them first.
8. All the goods we purchased yesterdey have defects, so they (send)back to the manufacturer right now.
9. Sam is claimed to (falsify)the accounts of the previous year.
10. Ted (award)a scholarship recently thanks to his success at school.
11. Zeynep was very anxious at the cafe for fear that someone (see) her there.
12. The movie (finish)by the time Bill remembers to turn on the tv.
13. The rival team (beat,could) easily, but we were just unlucky.
14. The web site TestYourEnglish. Net (receive)a high percentage of impressions every day for the last three months.
15. I (follow,had better) the diet my doctor has prescribed for me, or I will weigh a little heavier.
آغاز دوره های آنلاین آموزش زبان توسط استاد خصوصیاینجا کلیک کنید
با استفاده از ماژیک فسفری می توانید کلمات و بخش های مهم را برای خود علامت گذاری نمایید و هنگام پاسخ به آزمون از آنها استفاده کنید. برای از بین بردن بخش های رنگی دوباره روی آن کلیک نمایید.
هر تعدادی که دوست دارید دفترچه یادداشت ایجاد کنید و نکات مهم را در آن بنویسید.
برای استفاده از دفترچه یادداشت بر روی قسمتی از درس یا آزمون که می خواهید در آنجا نکته ی مهمی را قرار دهید کلیک نمایید.سپس در آن قسمت یک دفترچه یادداشت جدید ایجاد میشود و با کلیک بر روی آن می توانید بازش کنید و نکته های مهم را بنویسید.